Pain Management – SportVis Injections
What is it?
- It is the only Health Canada-approved hyaluronic acid indicated to relieve pain and restore function in damaged ligaments and tendons.
What does it treat?
- Tennis elbow and sprained ankle injuries.
- Research is growing for its use in other ligaments and tendons (i.e. rotator cuff tears)
How does it work?
- When a ligament or tendon is damaged either because of micro tears or a rapid over stretch injury, SportVis provides cushioning, lubrication and hydration. It helps improve healing by augmenting the hyaluronic acid you naturally produce in response to a tennis elbow or sprained ankle injury to allow for a timely recovery.
What does the treatment look like?
- SportVis is administered in-clinic by a physician trained in ultrasound-guided injection techniques. Treatment requires two doses. The time between doses depends on the specific injury. Each box of SportVis comes with the two doses.
Is it covered?
- Yes! Call 1-833-656-1234 to speak to an insurance coverage specialist and they will help you find out if your insurance covers SportVis.
To keep the discussion going, please give us a call 604-888-8325.
Dr. Jessica Hobson, ND