Cardiovascular Health and Keeping it Strong
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a common health condition that affects the majority of adults over 60 years of age. In fact people often begin developing signs of CVD in their 30’s. Between 2012 and 2013 it was estimated that CVD led to approximately 17.3 million deaths worldwide and is the leading cause of death in most developed countries (1-3). Although many people have CVD, they may not be aware of it.
On the evening of November 7th 2017 Dr. Rurak will be lecturing on this important topic. She will covering many aspects of cardiovascular health including:
- Primary cardiovascular prevention for people who have not had a cardiac event
- Secondary cardiovascular prevention for people who have had cardiac event
- Modifiable risk factors linked to lowering CVD risk:
- Screening methods for assessing one’s risk of CVD and who should be screened
- Laboratory tests specific for CVD
- Treatment strategies to help decrease one’s risk of having a cardiovascular event.
Know that many health conditions are preventable, and cardiovascular disease is one of these conditions. We are excited to launch a Cardiovascular Health Program at the Integrated Health Clinic and we hope that individuals can take advantage of this event and use this information as a step towards reaching optimal health.
LECTURE: Join Dr. Erin Rurak NN on Tuesday, November 7th @ 6:30 pm Fort Langley Lion’s Hall, 23022 88th Ave (corner of 88th & Glover Rd)
Please call or register online at – Cardiovascular Health Lecture
1. GBD 2013 Mortality and Causes of Death Collaborators. Global, regional, and national age-sex specific all-cause and cause-specific mortality for 240 causes of death, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2015;385:117-171.
2. Laslett LJ, Alagona P,Jr, Clark BA,3rd, et al. The worldwide environment of cardiovascular disease: prevalence, diagnosis, therapy, and policy issues: a report from the American College of Cardiology. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:S1-49.
3. Roth GA, Huffman MD, Moran AE, et al. Global and regional patterns in cardiovascular mortality from 1990 to 2013. Circulation. 2015;132:1667-1678.
Interested? If so, please reach out to Dr. Erin Rurak, ND and call Integrated Health Clinic @ 604-888-8325 for more information.
By. Dr. Erin Rurak, ND